AGM REPORT 2016
The Lanark Riding Club AGM took place on Monday 7th November 2016 in the Toby Inn, Strathclyde Park. The main matters discussed were as follows:
Review of 2016
- We ran 6 dressage league shows at Sandyflat and two walk/trot/prelim dressage shows at Mid Drumloch.
- Two successful showjumping events were held at West Kype in May and October.
- A quiz night was held in June
- Thanks to everyone who has helped at these events during the year.
- The Club remains in a healthy position financially.
- Emma Mackie competed at medium at the BD area festival in Oct and came 6th in her class
- The Club has a team and an individual competing at the Area winter showjumping qualifier in November
- Membership stands at 47, the same as last year, though there is a higher number of junior members.
- Sheila Alderson (Secretary), Rachel Nicol (Treasurer) and Joyce Scott standing down.
- Karen Kilpatrick will stay on as chair for one more year until new committee is established.
- New Committee members for 2017 are as follows:
2017 Committee –
Chair Karen Kilpatrick (final year)
Secretary Heather Hodgson
Treasurer Katy Westmore
IT/Website/Social Media Helena Stewart
Club Safeguarding Officer Emma Mackie
Training Officer/teams Gillian Elliot
First Aiders Karen Kilpatrick, Heather Hodgson
Committee Members Brenda Craig, Sandra Byers, Donna Hanlon Clark, Marion Reid, Susan Lauder,
- Further discussion of roles/responsibilities will take place at first committee meeting in January
- As most of the discussion revolved round the future of the Club and the need for new committee, there was not much detailed discussion of 2017 events and activities. This will be addressed at the next committee meeting. The following matters arose and will be considered by the committee
- Sandyflat dressage league – likely to continue but dates will need to be booked for 2017. Heather Hodgson has volunteered to get judges and do the times.
- There is support for the Junior dressage league to be re-instated.
- Dates for Mid Drumloch to be booked further in advance so that people can plan ahead.
- More emphasis on training and lessons. Gillian Elliot is willing to coordinate this.
- More show jumping at West Kype
- Continue to promote club events via Facebook, website and email in an attempt to increase competitor numbers and membership.
- Out and about points system to be reviewed.
- Membership fees will remain same as 2016